Whooshkaa is a leading spoken-word audio technology, delivering a platform for podcasting, smart home devices, audio books, news briefings and AI-driven audio solutions. Our technology is used by thousands of podcasters and organisations to power their spoken-word content production, management, delivery and monetisation to millions of listeners.
We are currently going through an exciting growth period and are looking for enthusiastic team members ready to join us and build the next generation of spoken word technology. You will be working in a talented team with bleeding edge technology, collaborating directly with the biggest powerhouses of the most exciting technology around.
We embrace workplace flexibility at our core and strongly believe in continuously improving the way we do things. If this sounds like you, apply now!
What you will do
Every day you will:
- Contribute your development skills in the enrichment of the Whooshkaa product
- Deliver high-quality code in a small, agile team
- Contribute to product roadmap with ideas to improve both our internal capabilities and customer-facing features
- Ensure we retain a reputation as a high-quality, high-availability and low-latency platform with our customers
- Work from home (or our Sydney office post COVID, as required)
What you need to be like
Please bring most of these or be ready to learn quickly:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in web software development using open source technologies and CI/CD practice
- Experience with Node.js, Vue.js/React, as well as REST API patterns
- Working knowledge of delivering high-transaction, low-latency web applications
- Experience with AWS (including Serverless), Docker, Linux and shell scripting
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Strong critical thinking and data-driven analysis capabilities
- Experience developing for desktop and mobile devices
Want to apply?
Please complete the form below, attach your CV with a cover letter answering the following questions or included in the “message” field.
- How many years of work experience do you have using Full-Stack Development?
- How many years of work experience do you have using Vue.js?
- How many years of work experience do you have using AWS Lambda?
- How many years of work experience do you have using Node.js?
- How many years of work experience do you have using React.js?
- How many years of work experience do you have using REST APIs?