2. The information we collect
When you sign up for the Service, we may collect information we ask you for, like your name, password, e-mail, date of birth, gender and location. We will also collect information you voluntarily add to your profile. If you connect to the Service using your Facebook credentials, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username, encrypted access credentials, and such other information that may be available through your Facebook account.
We also automatically collect certain information when the Service is used, including: (i) your interactions with the Service, including which podcasts you listen to; (ii) user content you contribute to the Service; (iii) technical data, which may include your IP address, network, language, operating system and Whooshkaa application version; and (iv) location information.
3. How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information, to: improve your experience with the Service, for example by providing customized or localized content and/or advertising;
- 1. ensure the correct functioning and running of the Service;
- 2. develop new products and services;
- 3. analyze your use of the Service, including your interaction with the application or website, advertising, third party services that are made available, linked to or offered through the Service;
- 4. communicate with you for Service-related purposes, including promotional e-mails or messages or messages regarding updates to any terms and conditions, or the Service;
- 5. to protect the rights and security of Whooshkaa, its users or any other person; and
4. How we share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect, including your personal information, as follows:
1. We are building an interactive audio on demand Service that offers many ways to find, enjoy, and share content with others. We encourage our users to use the social functions of the Service, for example to explore who else is using the Service, and therefore parts of your Whooshkaa information may be publicly available to others by default, such as your name, profile picture, your friends on the Service and your activity.
Finally, we may also share your information to third parties for the following purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process, if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so;
- to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law;
- to protect the safety of any person;
- to protect the rights and property of Whooshkaa, any user or a third party; and to address fraud, security or technical issues;
5. Transfer of information we collect to other countries
Whooshkaa processes information about our users on servers located in a number of countries and Whooshkaa may subcontract processing to, or share your information with, third parties located in countries, other than your home country, for example outside the Australian Area (“AA”), where you may have fewer legal rights in relation to your information. However, we take the security of personal information very seriously and we will not take any decisions lightly to transfer any information to countries outside of the AA.
6. Accessing and updating user information
You can access and amend some of the information we keep on you through your settings. To learn more about the information we store about you, e-mail info@Whooshkaa.com. We will respond within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity.
8. Information about cookies & similar technologies
What are cookies and similar technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help us to recognize your device the next time you visit our platform. There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags, web bugs, web storage and other similar files and technologies that can also do the same thing as cookies. Whooshkaa uses the term "cookies" in this policy to refer to cookies and all such similar technologies that collect information in this way.
Manage your cookies
9. Contact us