How we use any information we collect
2. The information we collect
When you sign up for the Service, we may collect information we ask you for, like your name, password, e-mail, date of birth, gender and location. We will also collect information you voluntarily add to your profile. If you connect to the Service using your Facebook credentials, you authorize us to collect your authentication information, such as your username, encrypted access credentials, and such other information that may be available through your Facebook account.
We also automatically collect certain information when the Service is used, including: (i) your interactions with the Service, including which podcasts you listen to; (ii) user content you contribute to the Service; (iii) technical data, which may include your IP address, network, language, operating system and Whooshkaa application version; and (iv) location information.
3. How we use the information we collect
We may use the information we collect, including your personal information, to: improve your experience with the Service, for example by providing customized or localized content and/or advertising;
- ensure the correct functioning and running of the Service;
- develop new products and services;
- analyze your use of the Service, including your interaction with the application or website, advertising, third party services that are made available, linked to or offered through the Service;
- communicate with you for Service-related purposes, including promotional e-mails or messages or messages regarding updates to any terms and conditions, or the Service;
- to protect the rights and security of Whooshkaa, its users or any other person; and
4. How we share the information we collect
We may share the information we collect, including your personal information, as follows:
- We are building an interactive audio on demand Service that offers many ways to find, enjoy, and share content with others. We encourage our users to use the social functions of the Service, for example to explore who else is using the Service, and therefore parts of your Whooshkaa information may be publicly available to others by default, such as your name, profile picture, your friends on the Service and your activity.
Finally, we may also share your information to third parties for the following purposes:
- to allow a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets;
- to respond to legal process, if we believe in good faith that it is necessary to do so;
- to comply with requirements of mandatory applicable law;
- to protect the safety of any person;
- to protect the rights and property of Whooshkaa, any user or a third party; and to address fraud, security or technical issues;